Clinton High School celebrates its outstanding athletic tradition by naming former Clinton athletes to Clinton High School Athletic Wall of Fame. The Athletic Wall of Fame recognizes individuals for:
- The successes he or she achieved while being a student-athlete at CHS.
- The successes he or she achieved while competing in college.
Clinton Athletic Wall of Fame Objectives:
- To give deserved recognition to outstanding Clinton athletes.
- To illustrate to current students and community members those individuals who have been instrumental in creating the outstanding Clinton athletic tradition.
- To promote continued interest in the Clinton athletic program via alumni and community members.
Athlete Nominee Criteria:
- The nominee must have been a varsity letter winner.
- The nominee must be a graduate of Clinton High School.
- The nominee must be out of high school at least 5 years.
- Individual accomplishments within a sport are essential (example: all-state selection, state championships, all-conference, state records, and school records).
- Contributions made to the success of a team are important (example: team state championship, team conference championship, team record).
- Having individual and team success in multiple sports is valued.
- Contributions to their college athletic teams will also be included in the criteria for selecting new members.
Nominations must be submitted on the Wall of Fame Nomination Form. Nomination forms are available in the office of the Athletic Director and on the Clinton High School Website. Nominations may be submitted by:
- Clinton alumni
- Current and former coaches
- Members of the Clinton community
The Wall of Fame Selection Committee reviews the list of nominations. Members research each nominee’s qualifications and presents findings to the committee. Discussion follows and if needed, further research follows. Election is by a secret ballot.
- No more than 6 male athletes and 6 female athletes are elected every 5 years.
- The top six male and female athletes’ with the most votes will earn a spot in the Wall of Fame.
- Those athletes not gaining enough votes will automatically be rolled over to the next Wall of Fame election process.
The Wall of Fame Selection Committee is comprised of:
- Athletic Director
- Two current Clinton Coaches
- Two At Large Members
- One retired Clinton coach