The Student Ambassador service group has been under way since the 2009/10 school year. Student Ambassadors are students from 3rd and 4th grade that organize and execute service projects. The advisors for this group are Ross Niquet, Teresa Pickarts, Emily Albrecht, and Kelly Kaminski. The primary goal of this group is:
- Develop service-minded students by thinking of self-less and doing for others more.
Each year, we try to do service projects to benefit our community, country, and our world.
Over the years, the Student Ambassadors have organized and executed the following service projects:
- Filled the planters on Allen Street in downtown Clinton
- Cleaned classrooms in Clinton Elementary School
- Raised over $600.00 in our Bookmarks for Buddies Campaign
(This money went to Clinton Public Library's sister library in Guatemala.)
- Made greeting cards for Meadow Park Nursing Home residents
- Installed Blue Bird nesting boxes
- Collected $1,460.54 for the citizens of Haiti after a catastrophic earthquake hit their country.
- Assisted with a school-wide canned food drive.
- Encouraged classmates to make Earth Day pledges
- $1, 060.26 was collected and given to the Clinton Public Library in the form of:
1. A new book series voted on by the 3rd and 4th grade students
2. A computer - purchased from a local business
3. A Kindle
Pennies for Patients raises money for families who have a family member with Leukemia/Lymphoma. The money we raised will stay in Wisconsin!
- Cancer Awareness campaign: In Honor of CES teacher, Angela Riley!
Students decided to make Cancer Awareness Ribbons. Three local cancer survivors,
Kim Lowman Vollmer, Vicky Cleland, and Karla Chrislaw spoke to the students about cancer
and the importance of cancer research. The Student Ambassadors assembled over
600 ribbons: Pink - Breast Cancer, Black - Skin Cancer, Teal - Ovarian Cancer,
and Pearl - Lung Cancer. The students sold ribbons during parent teacher conferences and
during the lunch hour. A total of $630.91 was collected. This money was donated to
Clinton Relay for Life in honor of Ms. Angela Riley, who is currently battling Ovarian Cancer.
- A small gift drive was held school-wide during the Christmas season. The Student Ambassadors packed over 90 gift bags which were donated to local families via The Clinton Community Outreach Program and Christ Lutheran's Food Pantry. All families were very appreciative!
- Out Student Ambassadors also did a school-wide clean up in March and April. The students could be seen after school hours emptying recycling bins, sharpening pencils, cleaning tables and desks, organizing book shelves and much more.
- In 2014, we raised $3, 495.76 for the Wisconsin Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Students were encouraged to wear orange in support of children with Leukemia and donate coins to this cause. Our goal was $1,100. As you can see, we well surpassed that goal! Way to go Clinton Elementary Families and Staff!